Dragonfly Spiritual Healing
Laughter is the best medicine!
Laughter Clubs are being established in companies, corporations, health and fitness centers, yoga studios, medical clinics and hospitals, senior centers, schools and universities throughout the world.
Laughter Clubs have arrived in Central Wisconsin, and you can be part of it!
What Is A Laughter Club?
Laughter Yoga and Laughter Clubs were first developed by an Indian physician in 1995. Laughter yoga combines laughter exercises with deep breathing, delivering more oxygen to the body and brain – making one feel more energetic, healthy and alive.
Why All The Talk About Laughter Clubs?
Laughter Yoga and Laughter Clubs are among the latest crazes to be sweeping the world. They have been widely covered by media including publications such as TIME magazine, BBC, CNN and the Oprah Winfrey Show. Laughter Yoga has also been recommended by highly-regarded Dr. Oz and Dr. Andrew Weil.
- Laugther reduces stress hormones (cortisol).
- Laugther increases positive feelings (endorphins).
- Laughter is a stress-buster and it strengthens the immune system.
- Laughter makes us more creative and imaginative.
- It just feels good to laugh!
- Children laugh 300-400 times per day; Adults laugh 15 times per day at best.
How Does A Laughter Club Work?
Laughter Club members participate in simple breathing techniques, fun laughter exercises, eye contact and childlike playfulness to elicit laughter without relying on humor or jokes.
The health benefits of laughing in a laughter club are based on scientific evidence showing that the body cannot tell the difference between fake and real laughter. Laughter Club participants will feel the health benefits from the first session!
Laughter Clubs Can Be Established:
- For children
- At worksites
- For teenagers
- At schools
- For adults
- At elder care facilities
- For youth groups
- At colleges and universities
- For fitness centers
- For other groups of people who would like to “just laugh!”
What To Expect
Laugh Club leaders will guide the group in a warmup, some short laughter “experiences”, and a relaxation.
Remember, it’s okay if you fake your first laugh – your body benefits either way!
Wear comfortable clothing. You can stand or sit, whatever works for your body.
Free Laughter Presentation Consultation
If you are considering hiring a certified laughter leader for:
- Laughter Club startup
- Laugther team building
- Laughter stress management
- Laughter speaker
- Laughter ice breakers
- Laughter for social events
- Laughter seminars
- Laughter family or club events
– please contact us to learn more about our laughter clubs, laughter programs and laughter training programs.